Friday, April 13, 2007

Hogwarts Sock Kit Swap

Welcome to the Hogwarts Sock Kit Swap! I've recently jumped on the Hogwarts train and can't seem to get enough :) I've seen all the movies, but I've only just recently started reading and I'm up to book #3.

This is similar to the Hogwarts Sock Swap, but do not be confused. I missed sign-ups for the Sock Swap and haven't quite tackled knitting socks anyway, so I thought that I'd start a Hogwarts Sock Kit Swap.

NOTE: This is an international swap. It is my first time using Swap-bot and if I'm unable to assign partners in or near your home country then the Swap-bot assignments will need to be ignored because I will manually pair up swap partners.

You will be swapping a sock kit which will which should total an approximate $30 to $40 and include these items:

1. A handmade (by you!) kit bag in your pals House colors- this can either be knitted or sewn, but you must MAKE the bag!

2. Sock yarn in your pals house colors

3. A pair of new knitting needles

4. A stitch marker in your pals house colors - handmade or purchased

5. A sock pattern

You may feel free to add whatever little items that you choose to make your package special for your pal.

Musts: For this swap you must have a blog hosted anywhere (It does not have to be a Blogspot blog - my personal blog is a WordPress blog), and you must post in your blog four times a month - so that's 7 times during this swap. You also have to acknowledge in a blog post when you've received your package from your swap partner within 3 days of receiving it.

Before signing up for the swap you must be sorted into one of Hogwarts four houses: Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw or Slytherin. Please look to the sidebar for links to the Sorting Hat.

Contests! Of course there will be House contests. To keep up with the House points I will need four prefects for each house, so be sure to let me know if you would like to volunteer for that position when you sign up. The prefects will keep totals for their house, be assigned pals to mentor, and will check on their blogs to make sure that they are posting Official Hogwarts business.

Signing up
Sign ups will be closed after the swap reaches 150 participants. When that point is reached I will post a questionnaire which all participants must post on their blogs by May 1st.

I will be using Swap-bot for this swap, so you must go to this address to join the swap - http://www.swap-bot.com/swap/show/3187

You also must email me with this information:
Name
Blog Address
Hogwarts House you've been assigned to